Friday, November 27, 2009

Pumpkin Scones with Cinnamon Drizzle

So I had leftover pumpkin and decided it was finally time to make those scones I have been saying I would make. Like the pecan pie, I've never made pumpkin scones. Again, I found a recipe that looked good and had at it. They were SO easy to put together and only 10 minutes to bake. The drizzle took 2 seconds to put together. Like the other scones I made, I made sure to line the baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with non-stick spray. They didn't stick at all. Oh and make sure you let them cool all the way before adding the drizzle. I was a bit anxious and put it on too early, but oh well!

Here's the recipe:
(recipe courtesy of green tea blog with some of my additions)
Oven at 425 degrees

2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter cut into small pieces
1 egg
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

For the drizzle:
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
some cinnamon and nutmeg- eyeball it
2 tablespoons milk

In one bigger bowl, mix all dry ingredients. With a fork, your hands, or a pastry blender mix the small pieces of butter in the dry ingredients until it looks like coarse meal.

In a separate smaller bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.

Put the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't over mix or you'll end up with tough scones. Once combined, pat the dough into a circle until about 1/2 inch thick or so. Cut the dough in half and then cut triangular scones. Bake for 10-12 minutes and cool.

Drizzle:
Mix all three ingredients together and stir to combine, but remember don't drizzle until the scones are cool!!

Have fun:)

No comments:

Post a Comment